Friday, February 13, 2009

Assignment 1- Prototypes

 
1st Prototype


Week 5- Tutorial 2

Comments received
-outline the cat and yarn~
-use gradient to make the cat less fat(?)

Thanks for commenting..:) Will improve it...


--------------------------------------------------------

2nd Prototype









Week 6

Assignment 1 – Edited prototype

 

I have darkened the outline for my cat as advised by the class and Mr Alfred.

I have also used the burnt tool in photoshop to enhance the image, making it less flat. Overall, I thought the outcome was good. J

 


-----------------------------------------------------------

Final Prototype




The above is my final prototype. This is my submission for Portfolio.

Changes made

1)Background- from a rather dull pink to the lively blue with snowflakes

2)Added shadow to make the cat looks less flat and more 3-D


Lesson learnt

 

I really enjoy sketching and brainstorming for ideas but when it comes to digitizing … :’(.. It’s really tough!!! 

It’s the first time I tried using the Illustrator Application. It’s totally alien to me. I really struggled a lot with it. Well, all is worthwhile though, because it’s really a very useful application. Using Adobe Illustrator, the illustrations can be edited to give this “clean” feeling which tablet cannot give.

 

9 comments:

  1. kyaa I like this. But the cats tail is a little krooky, and slightly thicker outlines would be pretty good i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work! I think the natural way you use the tail as the S is really neat :)

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello~

    I was thinking if the cat's face can be the O instead of the body? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha. and it's thoughtful to have a tad of gray on the knitted ball
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work so far! however, perhaps you might want to use some gradient effects on the cat's body so that i look less flat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.. I think your name is very obvious in this design but maybe you could outline your name out in bolder lines to make it more defined?

    ReplyDelete
  7. heya....thanks for commenting..will improve on it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh..I can really see the word "SOO", it's really creative. You can thicken it's outline and reduce some details to make it more prominent =)

    ReplyDelete