Friday, March 6, 2009

Assignment 3

Title: U C what I C (Visual story)

• Visual narrative: Telling a story in 8 photos

(without using words to describe your story)

• Story telling: Your story can be with or without

a twist


Our third assignment was to tell a story using 8 or less pictures with or without a surprise ending/twist in the plot. It seemed like an easy task. But perhaps …

 

No!

 

I thought of many ideas, but they were going to be hard to execute because I would require certain types of models for the pictures, whom I won't be able to get. For instance, I wanted to have a story that involved a toddler, but realised that I didn't know anyone in that age group.

 



Frame 1




Frame 2




Frame 3





Frame 4





Frame 5





Frame 6





Frame 7





Frame 8



Comment

-Story can be more challenging 


I have decided to keep to this story as it is really clear out and simple. It can be easily understood.


Lesson learnt

This assignment really taught me about camera angles and settings. It's the first time I faced and realized the problem of noise in photographs. Apparently, ISO settings can be altered to reduce noise. I have also realised that different angles can really present things differently, and create a different mood/effect. I also better understood the rule of third in taking pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice love story, succinct and easy to understand!~ Jia You!

    Elmo's sooo cute =P

    ReplyDelete